Thank you GEICO for sponsoring this post.
Hey babes! I am beyond excited to finally say that I am Mrs. Long! Austin and I tied the knot, surrounded by our closest family and friends. I am stoked y’all. It feels like a lifetime of waiting [ long engagements are not for the faint of heart ] to finally be at this place. It is good friends!
Other than buying our home, getting married is the biggest and most life changing thing that we have experienced together. And other than getting married, buying our first home was the most exciting thing that we have ever done! Being a home owner is truly wonderful. I highly recommend taking the step of home ownership if you are able. There is a lot of responsibility that comes with it. Austin and I are so thrilled to have a place to truly call our own. There is a huge sense of accomplishment and security that comes with owning a home.
Today I am partnering with GEICO to share a little bit about how Austin and I are adjusting to homeownership, along with a few tips for those who are looking into buying a home in the very near future. Let’s jump right in, shall we?
01. Get Those Finances In Order
Staying on top of our finances has been the most important element in our journey toward buying a home. Making adjustments to our expenditures and securing solid homeowners insurance has helped leaps and bounds.
- Austin and went through the GEICO Insurance Agency for our homeowners insurance. Austin has been using GEICO for a few years and cannot say enough about how fabulous his experience has been. Their service is top notch and they have helped us save money. GEICO is a resource beyond Insurance. We are so happy with their services and highly recommend them!
- Fix things along the way. We haven’t encountered any major home repairs at this point [thank goodness! ]. We have fixed a few things along the way, some necessary and some cosmetic. Our home is an investment. Making sure that everything is up to date and visually appealing is a huge benefit, not only for us in enjoying our home but also for resale down the road. Your home is an investment. Take care of it so you can make a profit later!
Read more here about: 5 Spooky House Noises You should Never Ignore.
02. Enjoy The Experience Of Owning A Home
Austin and I love sitting back on the couch and surveying the fruits of our labor. Owning a home is such a tremendous blessing – one that we never want to take for granted.
- We love to celebrate our home by hosting get togethers with friends. Sharing the home we’ve created with those that are closest to us is so fun! Filling our new abode with laughter and joy really sets the tone for the whole space. Speaking of hosting, take a gander at these House Cleaning Hacks: Get Your Home Guest Ready In 15 minutes.
- My creative mind has flourished with the blank canvas that is/was our home. I have a number of projects planned out. Our patio needs a little love – I’m thinking greenery and outdoor curtains! Plus, I plan on changing out all of the interior doors. Albeit one at a time as we budget for each project.
03. Putting time Into The House & Each Other
Austin and I have made a habit of spending time at home on Saturdays cleaning up around the house and making sure that everything is in tip top shape.
- Each morning, Austin and I make sure to hit the main areas of the house, tidying up any messes left from the evening before. Keeping our home tidy is part of good stewardship. Plus, it really makes each space more comfortable and inviting at the end of the day!
- There are many ups and downs in life and homeownership. Reconnecting with each other is essential in maintaining a happy home and a happy relationship. We love to cook dinner together, whip up a couple of lattes and kick back. We have been doing this more and more lately and we are loving it!
Adjusting to home ownership and married life is challenging in the very best way. If you’re looking into buying a home, check out GEICO’s homeowner’s insurance. Their services are top notch!
How did you adjust to home ownership? Are you in the process of buying a home? Tell me all about it in the comments!
Some discounts, coverages, payment plans and features are not available in all states, in all GEICO companies, or in all situations. Homeowners, renters and condo coverages are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. GEICO is a registered service mark of Government Employees Insurance Company, Washington, D.C. 20076; a Berkshire Hathaway Inc. subsidiary.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.