I have never met a baked good that I didn’t like. The issue with baked goods is they are not often gluten free or healthy. These double chocolate blender brownies solve that problem in delicious style! They are actually good for you.. seriously. There is not a single thing in them that is bad for you. In fact, they are jam packed full of fiber, protein, and probiotics. Brownies that are downright healthy? You better believe it!
Dark, fudgy, and sweetened only with honey and banana, these double chocolate blender brownies are the perfect solution for satisfying cravings! I have never liked banana based baked goods that actually taste like banana. Eating bananas is only done because they are healthy, not because I enjoy them. I simply cannot abide by my baked goods tasting like a fruit! The best thing about this recipe is that the banana is virtually invisible to your tastebuds. Seriously. You cannot tell that it is in them.
The hearty dose of protein in these brownies comes from the addition of Bob’s Red Mill Protein Powder Nutritional Booster – a unique blend made from pea protein powder, chicory root fiber, chia seeds, probiotics, and monk fruit extract for a touch of sweetness. It can be used in smoothies and a number of baked goods!
I recently used the nutritional booster in a wonderfully delicious recipe for Protein Packed Chocolate Granola Bars. They are the perfect on-the-go snack.
- 2 medium size bananas [ starting to brown ]
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder [ I used Bob's Red Mill Nutritional Booster ]
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- ½ cup 85% dark chocolate - chopped
- 1 tsp baking soda
- -- FOR THE TOPPING --
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 375˚ and grease a 9x9 square baking dish.
- Pulse together macadamia nuts and coconut sugar in food processor. Topping should be coarsely chopped. Set aside.
- Place bananas, applesauce, coconut milk, vanilla extract, honey, cocoa powder, instant espresso, and protein powder in blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Pulse in chopped dark chocolate and baking soda.
- Pour batter into prepared dish, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges pull away from pan.
- Switch up the flavor: Swap out the cocoa and chocolate protein powder for 1 cup of vanilla protein powder, add in 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses [ in place of 4 tablespoon honey ] + add 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Instant blondie brownies!
SHOP PROTEIN POWDERS
If you love chocolate, especially dark chocolate, these brownies are for you. They are outrageously delicious, and so easy to make. Simply toss everything into the food processor or blender, pour into a baking pan and bake!
The Healthy Benefits
In addition to being gluten free and vegan, each decadent bite of these brownies is rich in potassium from the bananas, as well as, protein, fiber and probiotics from the additional Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Booster. Not a trace of refined sugar is in this treat! Sweetened only with honey and fruit, these brownies won’t make your blood sugar spike. These blender brownies are even a good source of omega-3! It doesn’t get much better than that.
What is you favorite outrageously delicious healthy recipe? Have you tried blender brownies? Let me know in the comments!
Have a beautiful day,
Enjoyed this recipe? Show it some love on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
Affiliate links present. Some links may be affiliate links that result in a small commission to keep The Nosh Life running at no additional cost to you.