Hey babes! I am super excited about this recipe. I love granola bars. So much, in fact, that I will sneak them late at night. Don’t ask me why I sneak them – I am an adult, I can just take the granola bar and no one would care. Sneaking just adds to the drama 😉 This energy boosting bar combines Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Rolled Oats and Chocolate Protein Powder Nutritional Booster with almond butter, honey, pumpkin seeds, coconut milk, goji berries, dried cranberries, dark chocolate morsels, and a hint of coffee in a simple and healthy no-bake protein packed snack!
These granola bars hold together beautifully without crumbling – given that the mixture is packed firmly and chilled well before slicing. The bars are chewy, with a light crunch from the nuts and seeds, and a little tang from the dried berries!
- 1½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1½ cups puffed brown rice cereal
- ½ cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup whole raw almonds
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Chocolate Protein Powder Nutritional Booster
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 8 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp black strap molasses
- 3 full tsp unsalted almond butter
- ½ tbsp instant coffee
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup dark chocolate or semi sweet morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350˚. Spread the rolled and steel cut oats and pumpkin seeds out on an unlined baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 10 minutes - Just until they start to turn golden and fragrant. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper - leaving some overhang on either side for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, combine puffed brown rice cereal, chia seeds, goji berries, dried cranberries, almonds, protein powder, and a touch of cinnamon with the cooled oats and pumpkin seed mixture.
- In a medium pot over low/medium heat, combine coconut oil, coconut milk, almond butter, brown sugar, honey, black strap molasses, and instant coffee. Heat gently until sugar has dissolved then bring to a boil and allow to bubble for a minute. Remove mixture from heat and stir in the salt and cinnamon. Pour over oat/puffed rice mixture and stir until well combined. Allow mixture to cool for 8-10 minutes then fold in chocolate morsels.
- Spread granola mixture in an even layer on the lined baking sheet, packing it down firmly with spatula. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin seeds, goji berries and sea salt or flake salt. Use a rolling pin to ensure an even layer of granola, and that toppings stay in place. Place granola in the fridge to chill for about an hour until completely cooled.
- Remove granola from baking sheet, using the overhanging parchment paper to lift the slab. Cut into bars using a large serrated knife. The slab will make 12 - 24 granola bars depending on the size that you desire.
These bars are completely customizable! Add dried blueberries, apricots, raisins and more! Anything that delights your tastebuds is fair game.
Flake salt adds a nice punch to the top of these bars. You can substitute flake salt for any course salt.
Protein Powder / Nutritional Booster Benefits
I have long used Bob’s Red Mill products for all of my baking and wholesome cooking needs! Their Nutritional Boosters are hands down my favorite protein powder to use for shakes and baking. Not only are the Nutritional Boosters an excellent source of protein [ 20g per serving ], but, they also have probiotics and pre-biotic fiber. And they are sweetened with Monk fruit – eliminating the dreaded processed sugar! Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Boosters are plant-based protein at its finest!
The Nutritional Boosters come in four flavors: Plain, Chocolate [ my favorite! ], Vanilla, and Chai. Blend them up in delicious smoothie recipes or add them to your favorite baked snack for extra protein and fiber!
You guys know that I am gluten intolerant and battle a Biliary Tract Disorder. Bob’s Red Mill products have opened up my world and given me the freedom to enjoy delicious recipes again without fear. Whether you have to keep a clean diet for health reasons or just enjoy healthier, cleaner options for baking/cooking, Bob’s Red Mill is the way to go. I love the brand so much! Eating a gluten free, clean diet is generally pretty boring and bland. Bob’s has the best flavor. Hands down.
I love these granola bars chilled, but, they are equally as delicious at room temperature AND they are outstanding with a glass of cold chocolate milk. Seriously so good. They will soften up at room temperature but will not fall apart or crumble. Happy snackin’!
What is your favorite nutritional booster/protein powder? Are you a granola in a bowl girl, or on-the-go granola bar kinda girl? Let me know in the comments!
Have a beautiful day,
Enjoyed this recipe? Share it on Pinterest and Facebook!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.